Friday, January 23, 2009

Confidence or Ignorance?

So I took a Sewing Machine Essentials class at the Workroom 2 weeks ago. Where I learned the anatomy of a sewing machine, how to wind a bobbin, threading the machine and the art of breathing. Under the direction of the very kind Karyn, we made a simple envelope pillow cover (pictures later, cause this post is not about the pillow!).

Okay, so after my pillow making accomplishment… I thought to myself, well, this whole sewing business isn't as scary as I thought it is! Let's make something bigger!! So I decided that I would make a quilt and quilt along with Melanie over at Fabric, Family, Fun

The quilt top came together pretty quickly… even tho the squares didn't quite lineup completely, I am just happy that I am sewing. Note to self: higher standards next time plz. 


I bullied my sister into basting the quilt layers with me last weekend. I thought it was a lot of fun… and I got to spend some *cough angry cough* quality time with Lisa. =D

So this whole week, I have been trying to actually quilt my quilt and it hasn't gone to well. *big sigh* Look at this mess!! I guess knowing how to thread a bobbin doesn't quite translate into I-can-make-a-quilt. 


1 comment:

  1. That actually looks like some kind of very cool designery piece kinda thingy.

    Did you say "the art of breathing"?

    ReplyDelete